Musical CHAIRities’ goal is to raise funds for worthy charities by organizing musical events of exceptionable quality. We are a non-profit group, committed to aiding established charities in need. After hosting live music concerts for years in our home, we wanted to use our expertise to host benefit concerts.
With the aid of our supporters’ donations, we have raised between $15,000 and $20,000 for causes such as Breast Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, the Centerville Free Dining Room, the Red Cross (Hurricane Katrina), Abode Services, and Drivers for Survivors. For all of these shows, the performers have donated their time and talent, and the venues have donated their space. We never get anything out of these shows except fun!
We have a fondness for reaching out and helping others and view Musical CHAIRities as an extension of that. We look forward to future performances and hope you will join us for wonderful musical events with your generous contributions.
How it Works
It’s like a sponsorship for a walk, except you as the sponsor will have the opportunity to enjoy a concert with the proceeds going to charity!
On the day of the benefit concert, cash, checks, and/or money orders are taken at the door. A suggested minimum donation will be posted. Checks and money orders are made out to the charity the performance is sponsoring. This will serve as your receipt and ticket to the show.
You can also gather sponsors in advance of the concert — or market it by “selling a chair” for the event
Past Musical Chairities events include:
- April 12, 2014 – Monica Pasqual/Renee Harcourt of Blame Sally: Monica Pasqual & the Handsome Brunettes with Reneé’s duo Dear John Love Reneé Benefit show for MS
- March 9, 2013 – Georgi & the Rough Week – Benefit for Drivers for Survivors
- July 16, 2011 – Benefit show for the Centerville Free Dinning Room, featuring Michael McNevin, Red Shoes and Women with Strings Attached
- April 17, 2010 – Women with Strings Attached – Benefit for Abode Services
- August 14, 2005 – House Concert, hosted in the lovely backyard garden of K.C. Casement – Benefit for HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
- 2005 – Concert as part of their annual Celebration of Women conference, featuring Kyler England, Blame Sally, Vienna Teng – Benefit for HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
- September 24, 2005 – Concert at Mission Coffee Roasting, featuring Vienna Teng – Benefit to support Hurricane Katrina Survivors via American Red Cross